Top Ten Backyard Party Tips
It’s springtime in Texas and the smell of BBQ is in the air. This can mean only one thing: the backyard parties have begun! Follow these ten backyard party tips and your next alfresco get-together is sure to be a blast!
- Clean up your party space. Make sure the grass is mowed, de-weed the flower beds and rake or blow away any debris. Put away any tools and toys you don’t plan on using with your guests.
- Make sure not to overlook spaces inside the house where guests may be, including the entryway, kitchen and guest bathroom.
- Decorate with greenery and flowers from your own yard to add interest to your tables and serving areas.
- Set up plenty of seating for your guests before they arrive, creating conversation areas around your yard and allowing guests to spread out. If you're short on chairs, spread blankets on the grass for the kids; they will think it’s a picnic planned especially for them.
- Choose music that is both fun and pleasant, crazy loud music could be too taste specific to entertain all your guests.
- Think of your guests when choosing the menu. If kids are part of the plan, make sure the food is not too spicy or hard to eat while balancing a plate on their lap. Everyone loves a theme party, so visit cooking websites like MarthaStewart.com for fun recipes and party ideas.
- Always be open to the idea of a potluck party. It lightens the host's load and can also be a fun way to try new things.
- Invite your favorite neighbors and employ them to help with pre-party preparation. Make it fun by starting the music early, sampling some food and mixing cocktails.
- Prepare as many foods in advance as possible. On the day of the party, you'll be glad you got a head start. Not only will the flavors be enhanced, but you will have more time to relax and enjoy your guests as they arrive.
- Don’t forget to have easy-to-find trash disposal locations around the party. By having at least two large trash cans, you will spend less time in the garage and more time with your guests.
If you don’t already have a backyard party on the calendar, pen one in and start planning!